Music Sumo is me, John Brown. I have a degree from Berklee College of Music in Music Business / Entrepreneurship. While in school I was an intern at Heavy Rotation Records where I gained experience in many aspects of the music industry including artist management, marketing, promotion, publishing, and web design / maintenance. After returning home to the San Francisco Bay Area I decided to try and develop a way for local independent artists and Berklee Alumni to be heard by larger audiences. Now, I have launched MusicSumo.com, an online music news and promotions destination.
Music Sumo is aimed at assisting San Francisco Bay Area artists in further promoting their careers through marketing and promotion on the internet while introducing music fans to news and new music.
I also assist in social networking and digital media consultation. Do you hate dealing with social media or find it overwhelming to manage digital media? Then let me help!
What Music Sumo does for you:
- I create a social media presence from scratch or assist in making an already established presence more robust.
- I directly manage your social networking accounts if you are too busy or find it too overwhelming. Is your band on the road? Let me help you keep in contact with your fans!
- I promote your brand further through Music Sumo’s multiple loyal social networking accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Spotify, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and more.
- I expand your brand’s online community.
- I solidify your brand’s online relationship with fans.
- I assist in constant communication with your fans by being close to you and being your bridge between real life and the online world.
What Music Sumo doesn’t do:
- I am not a large PR firm, which means I have less overhead and do not use up huge sums of money.
- I don’t take every client. Some brands are not ready to promote themselves online or they are still able to handle their own online presence sufficiently. By limiting my clients I am also able to dedicate more time to their online presence.
I understand that different brands have different needs, and I adapt my services to suit yours as they change over time. I also understand that different brands have different budgets and I can work diligently to try and accommodate yours.
If you think that I might be able to assist in promoting your brand online in some way please contact me. I would be happy to discuss your specific needs and to tailor a plan to accommodate them. You’re already online, now let’s get you more fans!